Sunday 2 November 2014

Asus zenfone 5 vs Moto g 2nd gen

                                             vs
Writing this review after using both the phone 
I had bought the zenfone 5 just after the launch but after one month of continuous use I realized that it had some fault in the hearing speaker. I checked with my friends zenfone and it was perfectly OK. 
After that I bought moto g new edition.
I am writing this one for helping the confused buyers considering the user experience and the things which are not compared/ highlighted in online reviews but matters a lot.

Design and build: 
Both have the good build quality but I liked the moto g as it feels comfortable to hold. moto g is very soft on hand and for the same screen size its dimensions are less and thus easy to operate. Zenfone has a bigger form factor and the design is edgy so while holding in one hand or while talking its edges hurt.

Display:
Though on paper both have the same specs but the colors are more stunning and vivid on zenfone 5 it feels like an amoled screen. Moto g looks a bit washed out.

Processor:
Both have equally powerful processor not much difference.

Multitasking: 
Though moto g has the less ram but as it runs vanilla android its requirement is also less so again it's equal in both and I did not find any lag in both.

User experience:
zenui wins here as it gives many enhancements over the STOCK android but after android l upgrade on moto g the situation will completely change.

Camera: 
Camera in both the devices are equally good but the default camera app on moto g is pathetic. I installed Google camera app and its great.

Battery:
This is the biggest con for zenfone 5. I had to carry my charger all the time. The battery management of Intel processors is still novice. I was traveling on train with GPS on as I was traveling for the first time to this place and the battery ran down from 99% to 30% in just 4.5 hours and still 2 hours journey left. What's the use of such phone which doesn't help in such situations. moto g is satisfactory in this aspect if not great as Qualcomm professors are frugal.

Sound:
The sound in the Zenfone 5 is really very low and in this aspect the Moto G is way ahead. Moto G is a great media device.

The discission completely depends on buyer but for me the battery life is more important compared to any other features so I prefer moto g although a bit pricey.



Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Justin Bieber, Gold Price in India